East TN Adventurers League
The Flaming Fists was a mercenary company based in the city of Baldur’s Gate on the Sword Coast, where its members served as the city guards. They also worked outside the city; their sphere of influence extending just south of Beregost but stopping before Nashkel.
The Flaming Fist Mercenary Company, as it was then called, was founded around 1345 DR by Eltan, a formidable fighter and Grand Duke of Baldur’s Gate.
While the Fist’s base of operations was in the city of Baldur’s Gate, they had other forts and establishments in Anchorome, Chult and Tethyr. The latter of which had proven to be a source for hires by Duke Eltan during their decades-long civil war.
By 1479 DR the Flaming Fists had changed from a mercenary group to the police and military force of Baldur’s Gate.